The Ghana National Association of Teachers (GNAT) has issued an update on One-Teacher One-Laptop distributions. In a statement, the General Secretary of GNAT, Mr. Thomas Musah Tanko has explained that news in the media alleging that, his outfit said all teachers in the country have received the laptop is palpable false.
“Please, I just saw a news headline on social media which was attributed to me to have said that All teachers have received the Laptops except Teachers in Volta and Ashanti Regions. Please, it is absolutely false.” He said.
- All SHS teachers have received their laptops and anyone in SHS who has not received them should let us know.
- All JHS teachers in the Country have received except Volta and Ashanti Regions are yet to be served. All those in JHS who have not received will get it.
- Teacher Unions announce the cost, payment, and distribution of “One Teacher One Laptop Project”
- Those in Primary and Kindergarten throughout the country are yet to be served.
- Finally, we assured all teachers that we will ensure they get their laptops.
GES directed to comply with MoU on One Teacher One Laptop Initiative
Setting the record straight, Mr. Thomas Musah Tanko noted that, what he told the teachers during the national officers tour in the Volta Regional tour was that:
According to him, this statement was made in the presence of teachers in the Volta Region who are my witnesses and those who followed Facebook Live.
Join our social media channels for brief and exciting news updates